Fiberglass Tape - the Ideal Material to Giving Best Solution for Wall and Ceiling Problems
Our fiberglass tape products have two types, namely fiberglass drywall tape and fiberglass adhesive tape. They have different characteristics. They are often used with reinforced fiberglass mesh or alkali-resistant fiberglass mesh. In the following are the details of fiberglass tape.
Fiberglass drywall tape
Fiberglass drywall tape or fiberglass drywall joint tape is quite different from the paper tape that traditionally used in the industry. It is a building material that made with a unique cross-fiberglass construction to provide greater drywall joint strength, used to cover seams in the process of drywall construction. This product has good performances like good softness, high stickiness, and easy application. The drywall tape is the ideal material to giving you the best solution for wall and ceiling problems. Drywall tape can also be used to seal corners where two sections of drywall meet. It gives a smooth surface that looks as bright as new.Features of fiberglass drywall wall tape: Good performance of alkaline-resistance; High tensile strength and deformation resistance; Excellent self-adhesive performance; Well arranged; Simple and easy to be applied.
Specifications of fiberglass drywall tape:
- Mesh size: 8 × 8 mesh (2.85 × 2.85 mm), 9 × 9 mesh (3.20 × 3.20 mm).
- Width: 50 mm, 100 mm, 150 mm, 200 mm.
- Length of roll: 20 m, 45 m, 90 m or as per customers' requirement.
- Colors: white, yellow, blue, green.
- Main size: 50 mm × 90 m, 50 mm × 45 m, 50 mm × 20 m.
Packing: Inner packing: shrink packing or plastic bag.
Outer packing: 24 rolls or 54 rolls or 72 rolls/ carton .
Application of fiberglass drywall tape:
It is mainly used for the joints of wall, ceiling and other building materials products for crack prevention.
Fiberglass adhesive tape
Fiberglass adhesive tape is made of high quality fiberglass fabric coated with acrylic acid copolymer and then cut into the required sizes. Because of chemical properties of fiberglass fabric are stable and not easily oxidized, therefore, our adhesive tape product has incomparable superiority compared to other similar ones. Our fiberglass tapes reached the international advanced level, and sold well in the United States, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia and many other countries and regions.
Purpose: It is mainly used to mend patch plate walls, gypsum board joints, all kinds of cracks in the wall and other wall surface.
Main performance of fiberglass adhesive tape:
- Excellent alkali-resistance, durable.
- High tensile strength and resistance to deformation, crack prevention, no deterioration or foam.
- Good self-adhesive, no need to require advance on primer, convenient use, easy operation.
Fiberglass adhesive tape characteristics:
- The product after the pressure sensitive adhesive coating is soft fabric, texture and strong, docile.
- The self-adhesive, acid and alkali resistance, aging resistance, and the color can be customized.
- The weather resistance is good, complete plastic packaging; indoor storage one year is not yellow, constant gauges.
Specifications of fiberglass adhesive tape
- Mesh: 3 × 3 mm.
- Per square weight: 70 g–80 g.
- Length/roll: 50–100 m.
- Width/roll: 50 mm or 100 mm.
- Colors: White (standard), blue and green or other colors.
- Packing: each volume 6, blister packaging, every 20 – 40 volume to a carton.
Note: Customized specification is welcome.
Method of Construction:
- Keep the wall clean and dry.
- Attach the adhesive drywall tape in the cracks of the wall and press tightly.
- Confirmed the gap has been covered in tape, and then cut the excess adhesive tape cutting, finally brush with mortar.
- Let it dry, and then gently polish.
- Fill enough coating, make the surface smooth.
- Cut the uncovering adhesive tape and ensure all the cracks have been appropriate repaired, then decorate the surrounding of the cracks with fine composite materials to make it clean and bright as new.
- It is not completely repaired if there are cracks.
- In order to have a better effect, please use the condensed complexes.